Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 2006 G6 that did not pass inspection due to a P0430 code. I know that is the code for Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold (bank 2). When I look up catalytic converters for the vehicle I notice there are several listed; manifold, front, and rear. My question is which one would be bank 2. Thanks

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Bank 1 is where the number 1 cylinder is, on my GTP with the 3.9 that is the portion towards the firewall, so Bank 2 would be the front most portion or the motor. Look at your wires, if they are OE they are numbered, or the tops of the ignition coil sometimes is numbered (I did not check the coil, but know the oe wires are numbered). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help but my problem is when I look up catalytic converters for this car I receive several types; front, rear, and manifold. My error code is that the bank 2 converter is bad. Which converter should I purchase. If anyone has links to sites or product numbers it would help. Thanks again

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hello

I have a 2006 G6 that did not pass inspection due to a P0430 code. I know that is the code for Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold (bank 2). When I look up catalytic converters for the vehicle I notice there are several listed; manifold, front, and rear. My question is which one would be bank 2. Thanks
Should be 8 year 80 K miles warranty, see dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that advice but the car has 116,000 miles on it. Also I have tested the 02 sensors and looked for exhaust leaks. I have determined it has to be the catalytic converter but only want to replace the one that has an issue. If anyone knows it would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
HiloGurl83
11 Posts
Hi-
Not sure if any of you have had cat issues after the warranty but I have so I am passing out this number. I think it is awful how much the part is and the fact that it went on so many cars, I believe their should be a recall. Please call this number 1-866-790-5700, extension 42700. He is in his office 8am-11am but please leave a message and demand a recall please!

·
HiloGurl83
11 Posts
I spoke to another customer service person at Pontiac and they said they could not do anything for me an they said my next step would be the national highway traffic safety administration and to file a complaint. Here is their number 888-327-4236. Please call and complain about the exhaust system issues you've all had with your G6!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.