Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Convertible G6 that is making the whistling noise on acceleration. I was wondering if the convertible exhaust system is the same as the Hardtopo version. I want to fix my whistling sound by deleting the resonator and replacing it with a magflow system i guess? Any help here would be great. A lot of people recommended deleting the resonator but i believe they had hardtops. Just wanting to make sure both models have the same type of exhaust. I had heard that my convertible model has more bracing underneath than the hardtop.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
I had that same issue a few years ago. As my 'welding' abilities extend to a 35 watt soldering iron, I took it to a shop (midas) and at first they said it was the muffler. Then after taking that off for replacement (it was the single in/dual out muffler) they found out it was actually the exhaust pipe. They recommended going to a 2 3/8ths inch (i think) pipe, which did clear up that whistling sound. I had them replace the original muffler with 2 performance mufflers.

Sounds better also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts