Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck with exhaust tips for a stock dual exhaust? I am looking at my car and the tips seem too small. I just want them to fill the space a little better, not looking to change the shape, maybe a slash tip or something, but I want to stick with round. I work at advance auto and I know I have tips here but I want a quality one, something like a borla, or flowmaster or something. Also, another big question I have is how are the tips that are on there now attached? I haven't looked yet but will probably check it out soon myself, but are they just clamped on or welded? I'll probably just forget about it for now if they are welded on, haha. I hope they aren't. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I wouldnt bother unless your replacing the exhaust.

But you would need them to fit a 2.25" pipe and flair to 3.5" or 4".

I think the 4" fits better in the valance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't really plan to modify the car too much, just mostly looks, and that's why I want to change the tips. But thanks for the advice on the 4". Know of any pics of someone with 4"?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do search, and nothing comes up for exhaust tips. And I don't feel like looking through a ton of pictures for a specific little item. But thank you anyway for informing me that you do so I could check it out in your gallery.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I had 3.5 tip on my first replacement exhaust. Didnt look beefy enough in the valance.

My 3rd exhaust was the GT-R. They are 4" tips so that will give you an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.