Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the paint peeling behind one of my exterior door handles - bad paint job via previous owner. Anyways, instead of paying $1000 to get the door repainted, I was hoping I could 'band-aid' the issue with those chrome door handles I've seen for other car makes and models. Does anyone know of a compatible one for my '07 G6? I've seen them for Toyota, Mazda, BMW, you can get them from ebay pretty cheap - I just need to know which would fit my car.
Thanks!
Hazel

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
If the paint is peeling there, then it's only a matter of time before the rest starts peeling. I recommend not cheaping out and just get the door repainted. It shouldn't cost you $1000, more like $600 max (probably will be around $400-$500).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the paint is peeling there, then it's only a matter of time before the rest starts peeling. I recommend not cheaping out and just get the door repainted. It shouldn't cost you $1000, more like $600 max (probably will be around $400-$500).
Took my car to two body shops and was quoted by both, $900-$1000 to fix the problem. It has taken 6+ yrs for this 2" x 3" oval to peel - I'm not worried about the rest of the door suddenly peeling. It's not that I am "cheaping out", I'm just not putting $1000 into such a minor cosmetic repair on a vehicle that is 7 yrs old. Still hoping the chrome cup solution will Band-Aid the situation until I purchase a new vehicle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Best get by thing would just go over it with touch up paint I guess. Or tape off the area, sand the imperfection, prime paint and clear it yourself.

If you want matching body paint in a 12 oz spray can, gp through automotivetouchup.com. from there you can select your year make and model of car, then it will give you a choice of paint codes that came on that year of car, and you can order it in a 12 oz can. It costs 19.95 + shipping will get you to about 30$

I went through them for citrus peel pearl paint from a 2013 dodge dart for my brake calipers. Paint is a dead match imo. And good paint too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts