Pontiac G6 Forum banner

factory amp?

37K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  rforce1024 
#1 ·
I have a GTP coup and I just pulled out my factory system and installed an aftermarket one. I run my rears off the new deck using the existing wiring. I think the existing wiring runs from the deck to the factory amp and then to my speakers. It's messing up my rears bigtime. I could run wire directly from the deck but i dont want to take the car apart again. If anyone knows where the factory amp is please let me know.

thanks.

#9 ·
bigbengt67 said:
I first posted this information almost a year ago, it looks like our little site's "search" feature should be used a little more. :p Amp is in the trunk on passenger side behind carpet, there is no little door, you need to pull back the carpet.
I'm just asking because people seem to be saying two different things in this thread: driver side and passenger side. I'll take your word for it and go with passenger side since the fusebox is on the driver side :)

Mike

#11 · (Edited)
bigbengt67 said:
I first posted this information almost a year ago, it looks like our little site's "search" feature should be used a little more. :p Amp is in the trunk on passenger side behind carpet, there is no little door, you need to pull back the carpet.
I did use the search before posting and i did find a bunch of info about the factory amp but i dont remember seeing where exactly it was located. So i started a new thread to clarify. Yesterday i just noticed your thread after some one had bumped it http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249
but it did not come up in the search for "factory amp"

o well no harm done. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.