Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Factory Radio Options

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ryan from Ohio 
#1 ·
With all the G6's what are the factory radio options out there?

I am trying to determine if mine has an amplifier or just head unit power.

Not familiar with the G6's at all.

#2 ·
when you turn it on, check and see if it says monsoon, if so you have an amp. If not, from what I understand your out of luck :(

#9 ·
The system was nice, but in order to hook up a subwoofer I had to start from scratch. Now I have a full blown aftermarket stereo system. :)

Now I gotta sell my old Monsoon system on eBay somehow.

#11 ·
All I want is a way to control a USB flash drive...

I thought I would go with a Parrot unit. However after some reading I decided against it. Basically the parrot units bypass the entire stock system... The scary part is they have their own amplifier- of unkown quality. Knowing that a factory radio has built in EQ'ing thats non adjustable made me frown upon the Parrot.

So I found a cheaper alternative that seems to work OK.

$10... NAXA units... FM Modulated...

http://www.naxa.com/mp3-mp4-mobile-device-speakers-accessories/fm-transmitter-modulators.html

Like I said I paid $10 for mine shipped on E Bay, the lowest end unit. My biggest complaint is there is no way possible to quickly change folders (that I have figured out). There also was NO real directions to speak of with the unit.

For $10 Im pretty happy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.