Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 08 G6 GT that has factory remote start but it doesnt work. :/, there isnt a check engine light but there is for the airbag. Also there is a aftermarket radio in the car along with a alarm system (K-9 Eclipse) that i don't have the fob too (bought it and found the system in the car). Im about to buy the fob to reprogram it hoping that thats the problem. Any ideas on if its due to something else?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
There is a chance the factory remote start was disabled... do you still have the DIC? perhaps from the metra kit...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you try checking the factory radio?. Auto start might be off. I have had trouble with my auto start it works sometimes and sometimes it just doesnt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You might need a new hood latch assembly...The remote start sensor is built into it. I just had mine replaced a week ago and my remote start works perfectly now, I'm ready for winter :D but like the guys above me said, the DIC will let you turn the remote start OFF/ON. But their are other things that may disable the remote start from operating right. Your manual will list those things, so look into it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The option isnt on my DIC? I tried flipping through the options and i didn't come across it. i seen options such as lock horn but no remote start. Am i missing something? thanks i will also give my manual a look through.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
I should be able to reprogram and fix the BCM for you if you'd like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same problem my remote start is not working. I had it in to the dealer on a recall of the body control module. They performed the recall which is by the way #13036. I also had a check engine light that had recently came on. they diagnosed as a bad thermostat in the code. replaced thermostat and turned off warning light. Is it a possibility they turned off the remote start also or did the BCM effect it. Can I go into the DCI and find out if it is off.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
With the ignition on (engine running or not, doesn't matter) and the car in park.
Press "MENU" repeatedly until the option "REMOTE START: ON/OFF" shows up on the screen. Then press "ENTER" To turn it either on or off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Remote Start

Also remember to press the door lock button first then press and hold the start button. Also if it has an aftermarket alarm it could be interfering with your system. And yes as everybody is saying you can turn the factory remote system ON/OFF in the DIC thru the MENU button. Hope that helps. Anyway that's how mine works. If you do not lock the doors with the key fob first it won't work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts