Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just today i was on the highway with no music on or anything and i got a faint knocking out of my driver side so i started to slow do to see if it stayed with me and i did so i came to a stop sign and the knocking stop then as i picked up speed again the knocking came back its a very fast low knock .I got at my house and checked my center caps and skid gard and slash gards etc. couldnt find anything its not a strut knocking no that loud and i dont have to be hitting bumbs its as the wheel it moving. any ideas?? shes going in this week now because of this

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
I've had this same issue. It happens so random and when your not prepared to hear it. I think it might have to do something with flexing of the body or something with the audio. You aren't the only one though. This happened to me the other day. But to be honest your most likely going to be wasting your time when you take it to the shop. They will just say they didn't hear it. Good-luck and let me know if you find something out!

·
k'sg6
4 Posts
Mine does this too, I have a 2006 G6. I took it to a mechanic and he said it is in the steering and that many GM cars do this. My mom had a G6 and said her's did it too. The mechanic said that it does not affect your car any way or cause damage. I am not sure why it does this but I called a Pontiac dealership and asked about the click and he confirmed that this was a common problem and does not really mean anything is wrong with your car.

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
Thank god. Such a life saver. I didn't think it was anything major but I only hear it here and there. Its almost as if someone threw something at my car.

My guess is that its flexing/stressing or something. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have anything dangly on your keys? Try driving with just the key for a while see if it clears up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha one key i have nothing no were i hate noises nothing in the glove box or center concose and i sub in the trunk i even have the spare tire took out my car makes that much noise were it leather and has a sun roof you hear eveything. the noise is not like someones throwing something at the car lol its a very low noise fast knocking ,rattle sounds like coming off the front end is every g6 like this with the noises in the car, every car makes noise but i just hate it and i think i pick up on it too well because it gets to me i had a cavalier befor this car and that made some noise and i didnt want my next car to do it lol then this car does it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it's Pontiac in general. My GTO had a squeaky noise when it was up to operating temperature, like a belt slipping, but it wasn't. My G6 had a clunking noise on occasion, before I had made any modifications. My Grand Prix is plagued by the infamous whine of it's breed, and I've tightened, changed, lubricated, balanced, and rerouted just about everything on it.

The other simple solution I can offer is that when you hear it check to see if something is stuck in your tire treads. I had a black sheet rock screw caught in mine length wise. Didn't figure out what it was for about four tire rotations...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.