Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post FYI.
Well I was looking at getting a new car and found the G6's and though it was a really good value I found a few 06 gtp's for only 13000-15000. I'm looking for a pretty fast car and the 240hp with the 6 speed manual is a pretty good deal.

questions
1. iv read the sedans are lighter and faster than the coups?....REALLY? thats good because I sat in the back of a coup and theres no shoulder/arm room and its a pain to have someone get out to let someone in.
2. how much power can the tranny hold? and whats the engins main week links/whats the first thing thats guna go if you turbo or run nos? I guess I'm wondering how much power can you get safely before you need to go internal and replace ringlands/pistons/conecting rods/bearings ect...
3500 v6=200hp
3500 v6 vvt=224hp
3900 v6=240hp
3600 v6 vvt=252hp correct? and I couldnt find tq ratings for the 3.9l or 3.6l can some one fill me in
4. what do these have for tires ?/?/r18 and can u run some wider ones with out to much trouble?
5. is the 6 speed close ratio? and can u race/light track/auto-x it? I mean some down shifts arn't guna blow it up?
6. what moddles/years had the crappy/leaky sun roofs?

Now I'm more of a AWD/RWD kinda guy so this isnt going to be my project car. I'm not guna be doing alot of serious mods no FI or anything on one of these but I would like to do 3 things for sure.
1. mecanical front limited slip diff (one wheel burn outs only look cool to people that dont know better) do they make these? and is there a pretty easy to install one?
2. low throuty exhaust (cat-back, maybe headers) any suggestions?
3. some kinda spoiler/wing like the coup has

I'd kinda like to get the 240hp up to the 252 of the newer ones but I want the 6 speed manual. Id like to keep up with like the cobal SS's and stuf

thx for the help/info

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
Wow those are a lot of questions on a first post. You'll do better to spread them out and focus on one at a time, to get any solid answers.

Let talk about the cars you found
"I found a few 06 gtp's for only 13000-15000."
give us specs one a specific car so we can answer your question without looking on the internet for hours to answer questions on such a large scale.
BTW, welcome to the G6owners club.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
haha sorry

well its a 06 gtp sedan with leather, sunroof, TVs in the head rests and navigation for only 13000 asking price.
theres 56k on it which is probably why its cheaper but my cars got 190k so anythings an improvement.

um start with the general questions then

questions
1. iv read the sedans are lighter and faster than the coups?....REALLY? thats good because I sat in the back of a coup and theres no shoulder/arm room and its a pain to have someone get out to let someone in all the time.

3500 v6=200hp
3500 v6 vvt=224hp
3900 v6=240hp
3600 v6 vvt=252hp correct? and I couldnt find tq ratings can some one fill me in

3. what do these have for tires ?/?/r18 and can u run some wider ones with out to much trouble?

4. what moddles/years had the crappy/leaky sun roofs?

5. can you get a coup spoiler or a small aftermarket wing for the sedans?

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
leaky roofs are mainly a coupe issue with clogged drain lines.
The GXP hood will fit all the G6es....coupes, sedan and verts, 05's, 06's, 07's, 08's 09's and the 09.5's. The faux scoop inserts are not included and get u within a hundred bucks or so of a real ram air hood and is functional so most
people dont get it aftermarket. But yes it is available.

We can asnwer it but we hesitate when this has been asked and answered so much before.

Look around. play with the search button.....you can still ask....but dont always expect an answer. ;)

Do u need the part numbers? I have those.....they may also already be posted here somewhere. :cool:

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
you cant answer anything?
I'm quite sure I can answer all of your questions but that leaves me doing all of the work. I would have to fine the answers the same way you can, searching. I don't own all of these cars nor do I spend a lot of time working on the one I own so jumping on a G6 forum expecting everyone else to do the researching is a bit presumptuous.
I don’t typically react this way to a member asking questions but you seem to be getting pissed off that no one has answered your questions.
I would like to suggest you have a little more patience or a little more initiative when it comes to needing help.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lampoon-thanks for info
and id probably find/trade for a used GXP hood or a junkyard if someone totaled there car out without hurting the hood lol

no i don't expect you to answer all of them i was just getting mad because NON of them got answered

and I'm sorry for being a G6 noob i just though, you know, every one that looked at this post might be able to answer one question that they new off the top of there head, I wasn't expecting one person to give me and itemized detailed answer to ever question in order.

il play with the search a little...helps if i spell every thing right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.