Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about time, I have been going nuts with a dirty, road salt covered car.. the weather in Western, NY is absolutly horrible for the winter. The amount of snow we get and the salt they use can reek havoc on the finish of your car, but today its about 45 degrees (sad when your happy about that haha) so I got to wash and wax the car even though it will probably snow tomarrow, a little protection is better than none especially when its been 4 months since the last wax I think :eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
SimplyRed said:
It's about time, I have been going nuts with a dirty, road salt covered car.. the weather in Western, NY is absolutly horrible for the winter. The amount of snow we get and the salt they use can reek havoc on the finish of your car, but today its about 45 degrees (sad when your happy about that haha) so I got to wash and wax the car even though it will probably snow tomarrow, a little protection is better than none especially when its been 4 months since the last wax I think :eek:
WHAT??? you're not watching the 'Bills"???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm waiting basically for the nice weather to stay so I can bust out the Mothers claybar and 3 phase system. I used it last year on my cousing black cougar with a wide body kit on it and it came out literally like a piece of glass... to whoever reads this, if u have the time to do that 4 step system on a dark color car...DO IT!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know what ya mean about WNY weather!!! I was outside cleaning my car today. Thought I'd better enjoy the little warm up while I could. I know what ya mean about having the road salt on your car, too. I can't stand the way my car looks with all that crap all over it, but luckily I have a local car wash not too far from where I live so I'll stop by and clean it whenever there is a break in the weather; though I'm sure you know that that doesn't happen all that often. I guess that that is what we get and have to deal with for living in Western New York.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was less than impressed with the Three-Step system. The first step had to wiped off within seconds else it'd be dried on the paint like glue (Though it did a good job of removing contaminents), the second step, the showroom shine step was a pain because it was greasy, almost, and freaking impossible to get off without having the "shadows", and the third step was a regular wax, nothing special.

NXT is where it's at. Best wax I have EVER used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts