Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whether I'm a newbie or an oldbie by now--I've been hanging around here off and on for about three years while shopping (hence my screen name).

Well, from today I'm a current owner! My new avatar shows my G6. It's an 09.5 convertible, black/black, with 60,000 miles. It was pretty good convertible weather here in Tennessee today, so I've been driving around all day, grinning like a possum as a friend of mine says, and collecting a pretty good sunburn. (Forgot to take any sunblock with me--GOT to remedy that next time.)

Yee-ha! :):):)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks, all! I'm still pretty much high on my new baby. I've heard two things all week--"Why are you grinning so?" and "Where did you get the sunburn?"

Oh, yeah, Lampoon, you are so right about black. I had a black '79 Town Car with roughly the same surface area as a small locomotive. Looked so good all shined, but by the time I finished one end, the other one was getting dusty again! I swore I'd never have another car in black. So much for that vow, like quite a few in my lifetime...

Rockyspaw, the 09.5 converts are relatively rare. Since it was a midyear change and they shut Pontiac at the end of the year (except for some 2010 sedans), it must have been a pretty short production season. I knew I wanted one, which is one reason it took me so long to buy. BTW, it's easy to see the difference in the front and dash, but I've read several places the rear fascia was changed too. I wonder how? I can't seem to see the difference. Anybody know?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only thing I noticed about the rear bumper is an "exhaust grille" was added to the lower black piece of the bumper, between the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you're right, Rockyspaw! I literally did not notice I had that little grille thing back there until you mentioned it. I had to start looking at all the pictures of other cars I saved while I was shopping, and I could not find it on any of the '08s and older.

What a weird thing for GM to have spent money on. Apparently that little panel down there is black on all cars, so you can hardly see the change on any of them. Seems kind of pointless, but it's an interesting trivia point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts