Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

On my G6, it came with 215/55R17 Firestone FR710s. Anyone else have these tires? I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems that the traction is poor. Sometimes, even when its dry, if I barely tap on the accelerator from a stop, the tires won't grip the road and will break loose. On my old Grand Prix, I had Pirelli P5 tires on there and they didn't break loose nearly as often as these FR710s and I don't think my driving style has changed that much.

Is it just me?

Cheers,
Nick

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I agree, the high mileage tires are nice if your looking to drive to the moon and back but I find safety a little more important. If your tires spinn when your pulling out into traffic, well, we know that sucks, the same with stopping.
Or, you may have the badest-ass G6 ever!:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, the high mileage tires are nice if your looking to drive to the moon and back but I find safety a little more important. If your tires spinn when your pulling out into traffic, well, we know that sucks, the same with stopping.
Or, you may have the badest-ass G6 ever!:D
Do you think that these will ever get any better, as far as traction goes? I've only put 2k miles on them and it sat on the lot for 8 months before I bought it.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Not really. Wish I could say different. I had a set of Bridgestone Turanza LS-T's (80k warranty) on my Olds Intrigue and had the same problem, they were awesome tires once I got moving in rain and on dry roads but would spin on take off all the time, even as they wore they just still sucked, replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza LS-V's (40K warranty) and WOW light years in differnce in every aspect of performance, especially take off and cornering. Went from a T 118mph to a V 149mph rating. I run Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's during the summer (had the Goodyear's on for like 150 miles while the dealer got in the Potenza's and it felt like a different car! Went from a T to a W rating! So, when it comes time to replace those FR710's or you just can't stand them anymore I would get at least an H rated (130mph rating) tire. I am partal to Bridgestone Tires, Firestone are pretty good too, but don't have many performance tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.