Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. this is my first black car and I hand washed it for the first time after 6 mo of ownership. Question, what is the best soap to use to avoid water spots and swirls etc.
I will be waxing it soon but if I want to give it a quick wash wihout the swirls.
Note:
I did not wash in direct sunlight.
I used a shamois (but maybe thats the problem, I used a cheap one but seemed to work okay)
I used Megiures car wash I can't remember wich one but its the expensive one... hehe
Also why is there swirls? This car has never had a cloth touch it in 6 mo. I only go to touchless carwashes.
Any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Try something else

I own a black GTP. In winter time I get the car washed and I get swirles.

But at spring time I will use DRY WASH & GUARD.

I used that product for years on a 79 Corvette and all the swearls goes away like magic.

And you don't have to use water. On normal dirt just use the product. If it's very dirty, wash the car with water, let dry completely and the Dry Wash....

It's expensive, but it last a very long time.

Try it on the WEB

Good Luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't usea chamoise. Get a California Water Blade. They take all the water off the surface with one swipe, and they don't trap dirt, so there is less chance of scratching the paint.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Be very careful with the CA Water Blade. If a particle of dirt gets stuck on the rubber, your paint will have a nice long scratch down wherever you rubbed it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I was looking at the water blade I think I will try that next. I know that drying the car properly is they way to get a nice clean look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure you use a good quality wash mitt, such as sheepskin or microfiber. Also, depending on how determined you are to prevent swirls and micro marring, use a two bucket system with grit guards. One bucket is filled with soapy water and the other is filled with clean water. Before dipping the wash mitt back into the soapy water, you would rinse off the mitt in the clean water to remove dirt and not contaminate the soapy water. Also, make sure you do not use pressure with the mitt. Just glide it over the surface and allow the fibers to remove the dirt. A good quality waffle weave micro fiber towel is great for drying the car.

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
I use my electric leaf blower to pre-dry my car. If there is any speck of dirt I left, I am hoping it blows it off instead if me grinding it in with a micro towel.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
TWO WORDS: THE ABSORBER! This drying chamise is the way to go, costs about $10 no water spots or swirls after using it to dry my Granite Metalic GTP. As for the soap, Maguier's Gold Class Wash is my favorite of all! Maguier's NXT Tech Wax leaves a deep shine! Maguier's Products, micro fiber washing mit and spounge, and an abosrber is how I keep my 6 looking fresh and clean!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts