• Other: (post other option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, getting the car the end of this week. Need a first mod. It needs new front brakes so should I go with drilled and slotted rotors all the way around with new pads? While I do that I would probably paint the calipers also. Or should I go with tint and just stick in new pads up front for now. Tint would be professional install. Put a poll if you don't wanna type :rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would usually say tint...but since you need brakes anyways I vote for rotors/pads
If I end up doing the brakes what color should I paint the calipers. I was thinking of blue and tinting the tails. But then I got to thinking if I do red and leave the tails it may match good. The car is electric blue. What do you think of that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to keep at least the Pontiac emblem and will probably leave the GTP emblem if I were to touch them at all. Blue inlay on the pontiac tho

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
I have some of those! lol

Be safe...do the brakes first. I'd go slotted. Skip the drilled or dimpled.
They just make noise. I know...I have them.

As for color....hhmmmmmmmmm....I like mine yellow on the Electric Blue!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do like the yellow on yours but I'm trying to stay away from too much contrasting colors. That's why I want to tint the tails and don't want chrome on my rims. Are you sure its the drilled part of the rotors making the noise and not the slots?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Debadge and Brakes

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brakes 1st. I like the idea if you tint the tails, blue calipers. No tint, red calipers
Ok, how about this. If I do the brakes I will paint the calipers red. Then if I don't like them after a while I can always paint them blue and tint the tails after.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont recommend you mod your car by poll or do anything to satisfy us.

Its yours car....do what you like. ;)
Correct, but I would hope if I had some dumb idea that I didn't think over enough you guys would warn me, lol. If a few people don't like it then tough, but if everyone doesn't like it...I think I'd rather think about it some more, haha :beer:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Figured I wouldn't make a new thread for this:

Was going to go with Cquence rotors but decided I may go with some ebay ones since they are cheaper and come with the pads. I usually don't like doing this but some people have said they are just as good. Anyone have a link or a seller name they know sell a good set. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts