Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to anyone who reads this!

First time poster, long time reader... I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT sitting at 40,000 miles. No performance mods (atm) and nothing special with the exterior either. I placed blue Pontiac decals over the default red logo (I love the red but the blue is what i wanted.)

I'm looking for blue pontiac emblem decals for the steering wheel + the 4 rims...

I will also be looking at tinting the windows (most definetly need to do this!) Tint wise, how much will I be looking at for cost + instal? And what would be the best % to go with?

Also, I'm need of new tires and sadly I only have a budget of 700 bucks, I've been looking at Yokohama YK520 http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?c=1&rcz=79109&ar=50&rf=true&rd=17&rc=TXLINT&cs=225&dVeh=dVeh&tc=YOKHVT&yr=2008&pc=43147&cf=false&vid=012516&sw=false

They will fit the bill and seem to be fairly decent based on reviews...

Any other suggestions would be very welcome!

Others items on my head: brakes are getting squeely, what kind of maintence schedule should I be on, performance recommendations.

My car skill level is 0/5 (obviously a n00bie at this)
But I do follow instruction well and when in doubt I know people who are both friends and mechanics.

Thanks for your time.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Welcome....wow....so many questions. lets see....

What color decals? I know where you can get them pretty cheap.
I have Yokohamamama's on mine!! Its been a good tire. Kinda stiff but
that makes for long life. Ive put over 60k miles on them already.

I paid $150 for my tint from the dealership with a lifetime warranty so you can figure
that as an idea of what it runs. Metal tint is great and will last BUT it will kill your AM reception and part of your FM as ur antenna is in your back glass.

·
5,351 Posts
interesting....thats grafxwerks. They went out of business 2 months ago.
Looks like they are back under a new name. I wonder what that was about....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Grafxwerks is were I saw the Pontiac rim overlays, then whenever I was going to purchase them the site was gone, but thanks for the new link! That takes care of one of my issues!

As for Yokohama's - they fit the bill and are a good brand, I can't beat that, plus I can't really throw down a grand for some good performance tires, so I can settle with it.

Lampoon, I was'nt aware that tint had a shelf life, lol. Metal tint, could you show me an example? Metal vs black I want what looks best with a black sedan.

·
5,351 Posts
Im not a tint expert....I have just been down this road before.

Shelf life? Where did I say that? Im only saying that if you get metalized tint
on your back glass it will affect your reception.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
LOL I think he was referring to the "Lifetime Warranty" you have.
I have lifetime warranty on my tint, not just for the film itself but against bubbling, cracking, and scratches. Ever see one of those cheapy jobs that bubbles like crazy after a few years?

BTW my lifetime warranty is valid not just at the tint shop where it was installed, but at a nationwide network that uses the same manufacturer.

Mine was $380 for the premium ceramic film. I could have had the metalized for about $200.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not worried about the reception, I bloody hate the radio anyways!

And sorry for the confusion. I misread your initial statement, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts