Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pontiac 2007 the wing on the left snapped and doesn't move away when the convertible top is going down. I'm scared to try to put my top all the way down because of the wing. One person said he purchased his without the wings. Tried to go to previous delarshipe, but they don't want to touch it. Can I put the top down successfully if one of the wings is not functioning, or will something get crushed.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The top itself will work if the wing is not extending. Where you can get problems is if the wing is hanging too low and impedes the travel of the roof. The roof can catch on the wing and break the hinges that secure the wing to the flip-up cover they are attached to. If you have someone to help, they can check for clearance as the front of the roof reaches the point where it will descend past the wings and make sure there is clearance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One of my wings is lazy now and only lifts about half way. My wife operates the button and I grab the wing and manually flip it to the 90 degree position and then when the roof swings past I let go. Otherwise it would get crushed. Workaround until I can get the cable fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts