Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G6 GT member
30 Posts
What about this??

I found this on E-Bay but it looks kinda gimmicky. It's a "Stage 1 GTE Performance Chip ECU Programmer for PONTIAC G6 2005-2009 (Fits: G6)"

They won't respond to any questions. Anyone have any experience with this??

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I found this:
http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Stage+2+Performance+Chip/11/

They list how it works, Basically you just plug it in and it screws with the signals coming from the o2 sensors.
So the module tricks the ECU into believing the engine is working under certain unwanted conditions, The ECU will do what it needs in order to make the engine run properly, this may result in more power or increased economy, but it's hurting the balance somewhere else, likely in the cats.

This also will not do anything to the speed limiter, You might get more punch off the line... but that's about it. A little more punch and the risk of my engine isn't worth it in my book.

Unfortunately nothing beats a true tune. It's the only way to properly gain power and remove limiters and not damage things.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Since you have an 08 you can also just get HP Tuners or EFI Live and take out the speed limiter yourself...

·
Registered
83 Posts
For the love of odin,

Do NOT get a performance chip! They are fake. There is no performance chip for these cars that actually work. Its just a resistor that "looks fancy" for a huge amount of money. You will notice no difference at all. Those chips do more harm then good.

Stay away. You want a tune or more power get HPT or WAMS. Bigger bang for your buck then a 130$ resistor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts