Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· '06 G6 Convertible
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I bought the '06 G6 Convertible I did my research and found out that a 3.5L with Automatic can be flat towed behind a motorhome. This lead to my purchasing the car.
Does anyone here have any experience with flat towing a G6? If so any suggestions on the wiring and two bar would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
Just found this site and your very lonely thread. I purchased a 2007 G6 Convertible for exactly the same reason.

I installed a Roadmaster Base Plate and their universal dinghy wiring kit which uses diodes. I am still having problems getting the system to work correctly with the diodes on the tail lights. The stop and directional seem to be working.

I have a friend who installed the base plate which was a snap.

I am driving a 1997 30' Safari Diesel Pusher with a 250hp Cat Diesel but have not yet towed.

I don't want to take it out until I am positive the lights are working correctly.

I also installed a 3-2 converter because the MH had separate brake, stop, tail lights.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just found this site and your very lonely thread. I purchased a 2007 G6 Convertible for exactly the same reason.

I installed a Roadmaster Base Plate and their universal dinghy wiring kit which uses diodes. I am still having problems getting the system to work correctly with the diodes on the tail lights. The stop and directional seem to be working.

I have a friend who installed the base plate which was a snap.

I am driving a 1997 30' Safari Diesel Pusher with a 250hp Cat Diesel but have not yet towed.

I don't want to take it out until I am positive the lights are working correctly.

I also installed a 3-2 converter because the MH had separate brake, stop, tail lights.

· Registered
359 Posts
The owners manual says vehicles with the 3.9 engine and 4speed automatic cannot be flat (or dinghy) towed.

For other drive trains, it says you have to remove the IGN SENSOR fuse from the instrument panel fuse block, turn ignition to ACC, shift transaxle to neutral, release the parking brake and don't go over 65 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.