Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My FOB isn't working anymore. It will lock, open the trunk, autostart and even set off the panic alarm. But the damn thing just won't unlock...here is the kicker...I tried to clean the circuit board with a cleaner and qtip...it would unlock....but not if I use the rubber keypad. Is there a way to fix that, and if not, is there a way to open the door without the alarm going off....i have tried locking it with just the door button, walked around locking each door by hand....and as soon as I use the key to open it, it sounds the alarm. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also. Have a nasty rattle underneath.....sounds to me to be either the heatshield, catalytic converter or a loose exhaust hanger....only rattles when accelerating and only in drive, not reverse. Any ideas?

Cheers.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Get a new FOB, I had one like that and just bought a new one. Now my new one is hesitating when it comes to unlocking again... Damn things. I've only had this one for a few months too.

It's not the battery either.

·
Registered
911 Posts
my fob had a similar prob, i had my dealer re-calibrate it or whatever to my car and its fine now not sure if thats your problem though. as for that rattle i have the same exact problem. i've read here and on g6p that it could be the heatshield but i have an appt tomorrow at my dealership and i'm havin them check it out as well as my 3rd trip back for a piece of shit brake lamp switch they put in. man i hate this dealership haha i'll post back tomorrow when i hear the bad news

·
Registered
237 Posts
The solder/clip that holds the battery broke on BOTH of my FOB's. I re-soldered them the best I could but the actual clips were broken so I just put a glob of solder on each and hoped for the best. They work so far but it's only a matter of time before they stop working again.

When the clip first breaks from the board, the FOB will work at times then not work, then it will stop working completely once the clips break or stop making a connection. Both my FOB's have almost met the hammer on a few occassions..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. The unlock/lock buttons wouldn't work, but all the others would. I ended up checking the battery and it needed to be resoldered, but after that, no luck. I found this website http://www.keylessfix.com/keylessfixcom/gallery1.htm and ordered one of the little button pads. Works like a charm! It's just a little plastic sheet with metal contacts that goes between the rubber and circuit in the fob. And the best part? It's only like $10. Sure beats paying over a hundred for a new fob! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
What the hell? I'm located in Sarnia, Canada... That's such a coincidence. I'm going to check them out today LOL

Cheers!

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is just weird. The guy who sells these is the same guy who sold me my G6!!! He works at a very reputable dealership here in town. I wish I had this info before I went and soldered my FOB's!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
It works i'm so happy

I had the same problem with mine. The unlock/lock buttons wouldn't work, but all the others would. I ended up checking the battery and it needed to be resoldered, but after that, no luck. I found this website http://www.keylessfix.com/keylessfixcom/gallery1.htm and ordered one of the little button pads. Works like a charm! It's just a little plastic sheet with metal contacts that goes between the rubber and circuit in the fob. And the best part? It's only like $10. Sure beats paying over a hundred for a new fob! :)
:eek:
I never go out of my way to advertise for any company but this keylessfix actually works. No Joke! It saved my so much time, money and effort. You just crack open your FOB and drop this thing in between the circuit board and the rubber pad and close it back up. DON'T BUY A NEW REMOTE. Try this fix first its a nice cheap solution and fast shipping too. I think I got it 2 days later. Honestly, it worked for both my FOBs!
:eek:

lol I just reread this and it totally looks like a SPAMMER. but I'm just a really really happy customer, plus I wasn't even the first one to mention this company. THANKS NJsbK7

·
Registered
237 Posts
I personally know the guy who sells these keyfob fixes. He's a 5 minute drive from my house. Both my keyfob's are working again 100% like they are brand new.

The problem is the rubber on the keypad wears down and doesn't make contact with the board as it should.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
I personally know the guy who sells these keyfob fixes. He's a 5 minute drive from my house. Both my keyfob's are working again 100% like they are brand new.

The problem is the rubber on the keypad wears down and doesn't make contact with the board as it should.

Cheers
Yeah, that's what I found... The only buttons that wouldn't work for me were the two I needed the most, lock and unlock. I guess this is a cheap first try. If it doesn't work for you, you can always get another remote from the dealer...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.