Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Bulb or LED light behind the button. I swear that every G6 reaches this problem eventually. This also occurs in the HVAC controls lighting as well. If it hasn't happened it, it will eventually.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
my fogs still come on when i hit the fog light button, but its not lighting up anymore on the actual button, is that a fuse? or what do i need to do to fix the button so it lights?
It's a burned-out LED due to a bad circuit design. Unless you're good at electronic repair, you will need to replace the switch in order to get the light back.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
The switch is not terribly expensive and it is not difficult to replace. It's something the dealer would probably charge you $95 in labor to do but you could do it yourself in 10 minutes if you went reallllllllllly slow. you pop the oval ring out of the dash that has the fog light switch and dash light dimmer control in it, squeeze some plastic tabs to pull out the fog light switch, figure out how the electrical plug goes into the fog light switch and remove it, plug in the new switch, snap it into the oval thingee, then snap that back into the dash. It's like a 3-piece jigsaw puzzle, and it's impossible to connect things the wrong way.

~ MattInSoCal

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The switch is not terribly expensive and it is not difficult to replace. It's something the dealer would probably charge you $95 in labor to do but you could do it yourself in 10 minutes if you went reallllllllllly slow. you pop the oval ring out of the dash that has the fog light switch and dash light dimmer control in it, squeeze some plastic tabs to pull out the fog light switch, figure out how the electrical plug goes into the fog light switch and remove it, plug in the new switch, snap it into the oval thingee, then snap that back into the dash. It's like a 3-piece jigsaw puzzle, and it's impossible to connect things the wrong way.

~ MattInSoCal
so there is actually no wiring at all its completely just unplug, and re-plug...? sounds easy enough!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts