Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was driving at night two days ago and the fog lights were working fine. i pulled up to the store went and got what i needed, when i was leaving i hit the fog light button and the orange LED came on but not fog lights.... i got of the car to look just to make sure and nothing. and till now the LED comes on and stays on until i push the button again to turn it off. the bulbs are less than 2 months old. and if it was a bulb i highly doubt both would go out at once... please let me know if you have had this problem or if you any other ideas or questions

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
my orange led is out too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Count me in!! My led went out last month and I have turned my fog lights on maybe 3 times since I got the car in March.... I'm looking at soldering a new led if I can figure out how the button comes out :\

nenpri: I'm no expert by any means but what about a blown fuse?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can test the fog lamp fuse, to the fog lamps by pulling the fog lamp relay ( in the engine compartment fuse panel ) and jumpering the Normally Open contacts with wire.
Make sure the power you have is from the fog lamp fuse ( #10 ), not from the BCM ( if you turned on the fog lamps via the switch )

This would rule out the bulbs, ground and the fuse supplying power to them.

Next you can test the signal from the BCM to the fog lamp relay.

The 2 pins for the fog lamp relay coil are ground ( all the time ) and the power to the coil from the BCM. Push the button, and power should be sent to the fog lamp relay coil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update

so i finaly had some time to actualy diagnose the problem. i check the 3 fuse boxes, (engine bay, floor boared, trunk) no blown fuses. pulled out switch, and replaced still nothing. went to bulbs and both burnt out!?!?!? i originaly thought there was no way both could be burnt out but. obviously i was wrong. i have no clue how this happened. put in new bulds and lit right up.... BOO ME! :beer: anyone have a clue how both bulbs could have gone out at the same time?

·
Registered
14 Posts
...<snip>....anyone have a clue how both bulbs could have gone out at the same time?
Good manufacturing tolerances ?

Think about it, the bulbs should be made the same way each time, with the same material, so they should last +/- few hours the same amount of time, and they are illuminated in pairs, and run the same amount of time.

The fact that we are so used to bulbs lasting weeks / months longer than another one, just goes to show how much we expect the manufacturing tolerances to be that far out of wack, even when buying a pair of bulbs in a package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.