Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
You would have to hard wire them so they come on via a user controlled switch. The OEM switch simply tells(asks) the BCM to turn them on. The computer automatically turns them off once the brights are activated. Logic gates and what not...

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
On my cutty my fogs were grounded through the high beams. So All I had to do was cut a wire and ground it, Let my fogs be on with the HIs no problem.
I don't know how it is with the G6 and the BCM and all
But you can probably go in and put a wire in so they'll always be on with the parking lights regardless of what the switches or hi beams are doing.

But looking at this wire diagram the best thing I could think of is to put a wire from your highbeam fuse/relay to the fog light relay, So when you turn on the highs that circuit will feed the fog light on circuit therefore leaving them on.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I pulled this for a 2007 Pontiac G6 3.5l V6. I assume one G6 is the same as the rest. And this is specifically the fog light circuit.
Check out this site:
http://bbbind.com/
Wiring Diagrams and TSBs for the picking, Now I did notice that not all circuits are there, but a good amount are.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can do what I did if you want your fogs to be on whenever your lows are on. Just run a small wire from the low beam fuse to the fog relay, this way the fogs turn on whenever the lows are on.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just found a picture of it from my car, sorry its a crappy cellphone pic but its the best I have right now. The red fuse is the low beam fuse and the grey block is the foglight relay. If you just run a wire from the fuse to that pin on the relay your fogs will be on whenever your headlights are on and they will not turn off when your high beams come on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You can do what I did if you want your fogs to be on whenever your lows are on. Just run a small wire from the low beam fuse to the fog relay, this way the fogs turn on whenever the lows are on.
ok makes sense because the low beams stay on when the high beams are activated. leaving the fog lights on with the high beams

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah if youre looking for maximum light output i definetely recommend wiring it like that. I do a lot of driving through long farm fields so its a must for me. The only drawback is that your fogs are on anytime your lows are on, but thats not really an issue for me. So if youd rather not even use the stock fog light switch this is probably the best way to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet...i searched on here for a bit for that...didn't realize there was another forum. I appreciate the info. I really haven't really had to do much research for this car as its my better half but i am getting ready to do some hid lighting changes to my gto and figured i might as well do her's too.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i, along with others on this site, will suggest ddmtuning.com for your HID needs. $40 for a kit and about $15 for shipping. never had a problem with mine i have had them for over 1.5 yrs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah definitly ddm. been waiting to pull the trigger on them. the post on the other forum that is linked above does mention programming the bcm. has anyone done this as another option? if so what are the details

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Programming the BCM for what? For the fogs to be on with the rest of the lights? I think putting in a jumper wire will be a lot cheaper and pretty easy.

If you're looking to kill your DRLs you can do what I did, and it's super easy.
Just go to the underhood fuse box and pull the DRL fuse. That is the only circuit that fuse protects and once removed your headlights will never be on. Unless you turn them on, or if the sensor sees it's dark enough to have them on. Or if your wipers are on.
I pretty much just kills the daytime running light crap.

As for getting remote start programmed. that is a great call! I got it with the car and I love having it, And I like that with these cars it can just be programmed into the vehicle. Just get a remote and learn it for the system

·
Registered
447 Posts
I agree with CruisinG6, for keeping the fogs the jumper is definetly the way to go. And for removing drl's pulling the fuse. both are way easier and cheaper than bcm programming. not to mention if you ever sell it, reverting it back to stock is as simple as removing the jumper and pulling the fuse, as opposed to have the bcm reprogrammed again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there a way you can keep your DRL's so that your lights turn on automatically or are you just able to turn them on manually.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Is there a way you can keep your DRL's so that your lights turn on automatically or are you just able to turn them on manually.
I bet you could tap the DRL wire into the lows, so that they would come on when the lows are on, but that would mean the DRL's are on with the lows...

Just what I came up with brainstorming real quick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with CruisinG6, for keeping the fogs the jumper is definetly the way to go. And for removing drl's pulling the fuse. both are way easier and cheaper than bcm programming. not to mention if you ever sell it, reverting it back to stock is as simple as removing the jumper and pulling the fuse, as opposed to have the bcm reprogrammed again.
looking at your pic did you just put a wire in on under the actual fuse or did you splice into the original wires? i agree much quicker and eaiser just don't want to have to cut into the original wiring if possible

1 - 20 of 28 Posts