Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 09 base model, and i wanted to add factory fog lights to it. I found two on ebay, but im not sure if i can just cut away some plastic and just bolt them in? Or do i need a few more parts.

Or would it just be better to maybe find one at a junkyard...if possible

· Registered
47 Posts
Yes it is very easy. I have the 09 base model and all I did was cut the plastic out the circle for the fogs and the stock ones snap right in with a screw that holds them in. The only thing you really have to do is the wiring, hopefully the ones you get come with a wiring kit. I just spliced my fog lights to my parking light so when I drive at night they come on with my lights so I dont need any switches. It works out perfect and looks great.

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh great, i found a set on ebay with wiring and all not too pricey. I was thinking of finding an OEM fog light switch, and wiring it through the parking lights, so i can turn them on and off with the parking lights. And it'll look more stock..

· Registered
555 Posts
my has a little button to the left of the steering wheel. sometimes i forget its there. all i need is some brighter fogs.

· Registered
14 Posts
I gave up on trying to use the factory switch.

The factory switch is a momentary switch that signals the BSM to turn the fog lamps on and off. The BSM then triggers the indicator on the fog lamp switch when they are on, to illuminate the icon on the switch.

I installed the switch, and checked with a meter at the fog lamp relay under the hood, no go. I guess it needed to have the as built data in the BSM for fog lamps added. This is on a '06 1SV sedan, other trim levels could be different.

I actually ordered the fog lamps from Pontiac Parts people out of WA, and they were cheap. I also got the factory lower valance, so I did not have to worry about doing a bad job on cutting them ( that is me ).

Take a look at the new ones from the online parts place before ordering a new set, you might be shocked at the price delta.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I took pix of one up in San Marcos that had aftermarket fogs that looked awesome.
I left a G6 card on the car but havent heard from him. bummer....he did his lights too.

Ill try and find what I did with the pix cause its not in my phone anymore.

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
I took pix of one up in San Marcos that had aftermarket fogs that looked awesome.
I left a G6 card on the car but havent heard from him. bummer....he did his lights too.

Ill try and find what I did with the pix cause its not in my phone anymore.
G6 card? Do you have business cards that have the g6ownersclub logo and info on it? If so, you should totally share it with me. I'd kill to keep a few in my wallet in case I run across a wicked G6 in the parking lot.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the URL, I had never looked at the body kits.

Not too sure what the AIT front bumper kit does for the mounting of the factory fog lamps.

For what I recall, the factory fog lamps snapped into the mount behind the lower trim / grille. It was a hard snap to get them in, the mount came with the fog lamp kit from Pontiac.

Might want to contact the company and ask them if the body kit would work with the factory fogs is they are already installed. The other thing could be the fog lamp opening could be too large in the AIT kit for the factory fog lamps, and there would be a gap around them, that you would need to fill in to get the same look.

I got the fog lamps at www.pontiacpartspeople.com , they were very reasonable for factory fog lamps.

· Registered
209 Posts
Not too sure what the AIT front bumper kit does for the mounting of the factory fog lamps.

Might want to contact the company and ask them if the body kit would work with the factory fogs is they are already installed. The other thing could be the fog lamp opening could be too large in the AIT kit for the factory fog lamps, and there would be a gap around them, that you would need to fill in to get the same look.
I don't think he has the AIT kit. He was just looking at the AIT fogs for his stock front fascia.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.