Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Crap!!

In trying to fix this I messed up big time and had to rstore this morning's backup. We lost a couple posts, but most were in this thread. I'm working on the problem, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Note to self: Get a fresh backup before making large database changes. D'Oh!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL.. You know when I ran my VB forums I had a scheduled nightly backup and put them on CDR disc every night. :) Yeah definately a good idea to keep backups. LOL

Oh and if you ever need asssitance let me know via email or something.. I do DB programing (MSSql and MySql), plus ran my own forum off IIS6/VB3.x for a while and might be able to help you with some things. :)

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
S8ER99 said:
LOL.. You know when I ran my VB forums I had a scheduled nightly backup and put them on CDR disc every night. :) Yeah definately a good idea to keep backups. LOL

Oh and if you ever need asssitance let me know via email or something.. I do DB programing (MSSql and MySql), plus ran my own forum off IIS6/VB3.x for a while and might be able to help you with some things. :)
Thanks for the offer. :)

Our host gets nightly backups, but I like to keep my own as well. Unfortunatly for me, the GAOC forums are now over 1 GB, and the backup takes quite a while. Either way though, the backups are done regularly.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear it. :) I saw a couple of other UBBs go down recently and a few of them didn't have any backups at all!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Eek! Just as a FYI, backups are the sole reason we just had to change web hosts, as our previous host would not allow us shell access to make good database backups. And we can not live without good backups!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts