Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
That Cobalt SS was definitely not stock.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Blackrider said:
It will be nice to see a Boosted GTP run an SS or Ion.
If a GTP was boosted, it would make over 300 HP. The torque would be awesome. I won't be boosting my car. I'll leave that to someone else. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Blackrider said:
I never expected my GTP to destroy the SS's or Redlines, 1000LBS lighter. I bought the GTP for a little something called class. It will be nice to see a Boosted GTP run an SS or Ion.
Exactly. Thats why I'm leaning towards the GTP coupe instead of a Civic Si. The others have too much of a "street racing" feel to them. The GTP is relativeily quick, and looks refined and mature while doing it.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Blackrider said:
I never expected my GTP to destroy the SS's or Redlines, 1000LBS lighter. I bought the GTP for a little something called class.
I feel the same way. I came very close to buying a Cobalt SS, but after sitting in the car, I said,'I don't think so!' The car was fast, but the interior looked cheap. It was just too 'Boy Racer' for me. :agree2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
a good friend of mine has an Ion Redline, and while it has a very nice on-road feel, the target buyer is definitely in the same category as the rest of the civics and rsx's out there.

There is no doubt that the G6 is better in terms of interior trim and creature comforts - as well as driving ease on the expressway. I only churn about 2300-2400rpm at close to eighty, whereas the Redline is pushing another 1000rpm (and the noise to go with it)

·
Registered
86 Posts
jp375 said:
Exactly. Thats why I'm leaning towards the GTP coupe instead of a Civic Si. The others have too much of a "street racing" feel to them. The GTP is relativeily quick, and looks refined and mature while doing it.

that is why i got my GTP too. only reason i got it was cause it was like $8K less than a MAZDASPEED 6. AWD turbo goodness in a package that looks better than the children and their STi or Evo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Blackrider said:
I never expected my GTP to destroy the SS's or Redlines, 1000LBS lighter. I bought the GTP for a little something called class. It will be nice to see a Boosted GTP run an SS or Ion.
the GTP weighs 3900+???

i think the math is off a bit.

all three are nice cars, i owned a redline but you're all definitely right about the target markets. Cobalt and RL are fast cars, and will likely kill a lot of sales of other "boy-racer" cars, but the G6 is really nice. i wouldn't buy one for performance alone, but the GTP isn't bad.

anyone expecting to keep up with some modded LSJ twins, have fun, it's going to cost you...

·
Registered
86 Posts
everything i've read puts it around 3500, but it probably depends on coupe or sedan as well as options like tranny selection and pano roof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts