Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one done it? I like having subs, but i need the trunk space. So i would remove the speakers in the rear deck. Then strip everything, re-enforce it with some mdf and maybe dynomat. then cut out the holes for subs.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea

Thanks
Mike

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Thats a lot of work, but i think it would be cool. The subwoofer might sound like crap though since the enclosed "box" would be the trunk.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
free air subs are designed to be used as the trunk being the box. So i think it will sound good. i just didnt know if someone else had done this before

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
i worked for a car audio and security company and every car we did free air subs in sounded like shit if you do this it will vibrate every part in the back of your car but good luck if you want to try !!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if i somehow put a box on the underside of it to enclose them? or is putting subs in the deck an overall bad idea?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
what if i somehow put a box on the underside of it to enclose them? or is putting subs in the deck an overall bad idea?
Bad idea unless you can enclose the sub properly somehow. It's not impossible since people have put subs in doors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did this in 1999 with a 95 Monte Z34.

I used CDT mini 10's.

It sucked ball sack. Three days later I ripped it out. End result was a car with a forever altered rear deck (cant go back to stock), lots of wasted time (fiberglass deck), waste of cash...

Dont do this.

I will second the Tang Band 6x9 woof's. They will work, however they are slightly larger than GM 6x9's so some alteration may need to be made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts