Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

friends girlfriend backed into my g6 today. ford escape, bent my fender inwards, her hitch stabbed a HOLE into the center of my fender, and saddest part is seeing the shattered pontiac symbol. her family is loaded and is paying for all the repairs. will someone send me a link to a brand new bumper for an 08 g6, obsidian black? going to have her buy me new headlights as well, what are the best aftermarket headlights? was thinkign about getting an bodykt fender from ait, but woulkdnt it not match the rest of my car? it is a sedan. help a confused, lost, hurt g6er out :(

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
:(

friends girlfriend backed into my g6 today. ford escape, bent my fender inwards, her hitch stabbed a HOLE into the center of my fender, and saddest part is seeing the shattered pontiac symbol. her family is loaded and is paying for all the repairs. will someone send me a link to a brand new bumper for an 08 g6, obsidian black? going to have her buy me new headlights as well, what are the best aftermarket headlights? was thinkign about getting an bodykt fender from ait, but woulkdnt it not match the rest of my car? it is a sedan. help a confused, lost, hurt g6er out :(
Is there any underlying damage? There usually is & that can throw what looks like a simple swap a big curve. Been there done that.
Are you sure the hood is uninvolved?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Get the Eagle Eye CCFL headlights.

As for a fender, look here: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1441138&parttype=1380

As for the OEM bumper, http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1441138&parttype=1344

There might be more to it than that though. Take it to a reputable body shop and they can list all the items and prices. The bumper and fender will need to be painted and matched to the chassis and don't forget about the bumper absorber and foglights they might be damaged as well.. Also, make sure that your suspension and other other parts arn't bent internally. You don't want to get your car fixed and find out that she bent something else or cracked your windshield wiper fluid tank. Why not take this through insurance?

If you purchase from RockAuto instead of supplying the items from a body shop (who know exactly what is needed), then get the premium/OEM parts, not economy.

You can also browse http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm for OEM parts. More expensive than aftermarket but high quality. Just type "fender" and "bumper" into the keyword search after setting up the Pontiac G6 as your car in the prompt.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankfully the hood is totally fine. The bumper is pushed in while the hood is completely fine. Main damage is the hole and the shattered emblem. I know hoods come without emblems, where can I find black emblem? Fogs work fine, I always use them so that is nice.I looked at concept aftermarkey hoods and I see the grey lip on the bottom so I assume it would not match the car but idk maybe it'll look good. Suggestions? I have spyder headlights not and the light output is horrible it makes me angry. Are the ones suggested above much brighter? Ill post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

would a black overlay, hid the shattered pieces?

it make look minimal but it ruins the look...

hoods just fine

are these the crappy spyders that everyones says suck? cuz my ligh t output sucks

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The pictures dont work. (aka Tinypic sucks)

·
Registered
392 Posts

would a black overlay, hid the shattered pieces?

hoods just fine

are these the crappy spyders that everyones says suck? cuz my ligh t output sucks

Fixed, you have spyders.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Where is the bend and hole in the fender? I only see bumper cover damage.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Post a wide angle picture of the front fascia. I can't see what's happened to the badge. Is that a hole just below the badge? From what you've shown it looks like a patch & paint-in-place. But it's kind of hard to tell through all the deceased bugs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts