Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Simple question: Can anyone tell me definitively that ALL Base model G6s with the 2.4 motor STILL all use the LARGER diameter rotors (11.6)? I currently have a 2006 Base model. Thanx guys

·
Registered
480 Posts
RockAuto shows 10.86 and 11.65 rotors available. I am not sure if there were any specific model differences or how to tell

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, Simple question: Can anyone tell me definitively that ALL Base model G6s with the 2.4 motor STILL all use the LARGER diameter rotors (11.6)? I currently have a 2006 Base model. Thanx guys
I ran into this problem when buying rotors for my 2006 gt, and was informed that the gt and gtp used the larger diameter rotors. The 2.4s are supposed to use smaller diameter ones.

·
2007 gt retractable
349 Posts
i never understood manufacturers putting smaller brakes on the mpg cars.you don't want your four cylinder car to be able to stop as fast as the v6 cars?there can't be that big of weight difference.also why wasn't the saab brakes offered as an option?

·
Registered
273 Posts
not sure really. but think about this. may be a16 inch wheel could not accomodate the larger sized brakes. the part that i don't know is which size of wheel the 2.4 comes with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i never understood manufacturers putting smaller brakes on the mpg cars.you don't want your four cylinder car to be able to stop as fast as the v6 cars?there can't be that big of weight difference.also why wasn't the saab brakes offered as an option?
Yes the v6 cars were heavier but they were also pretty fast my gt was rated at 200-205hp. The gts had 17 inch wheels and the gtps had 18 inch wheels and yours should be 16inch. Mine had a salvage title and someone put the aluminum 16s on my they didnt rub but very close to the calipers........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts