Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Check your driver side door to see how it is suppose to fit.
I made the same mistake once when I replaced my front speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any experience exposing the window. It seems like whatever contact point in the front portion of the window has either dislodged or broken so the window does not seat correctly because the window is "leaning" forward. I'm thinking once I get past the sound barrier I will see window? Correct?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Take the door panel off and that insulation stuff, there are 2 large holes in the panel that let you see most of the window.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seems like a pretty easy fix to me, is it fixed yet? lol As everybody else said- the top isn't seated correctly. Also, your pin on this side doesn't look like it's in correctly either, it's pushed in, it should be flush. Make sure that pin is correctly aligned in the hole it's supposed to go in and not before the bracket. Also, make sure the screws that go in the center of the door handles are attached correctly, don't put any screws or pins into place until the door is seated correctly and flush with the door. if it's not flush, screwing it won't correct it. Just look at your other doors- shouldn't be to hard to fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
took it too the audio shop i bougth the spekers from they took it off and were in the same postion i was in they said the panel is bent (its winter rite now in canada ) they were able to get it in a little better than it was before they could not find any otther problems that was keeping it from sitting flush im just going to wait till it gets warmer too do the other side

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You're lucky you didnt break the panel, if you were using so much force you bent the panel.

But you should always let the piece your working on be warm before you start pulling at it. Its far more likely to break when its cold than when its warm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like it took some time to do this. My trunk button on the side door fell in the door panel so now I know how to get into my door. Didn't think I'd have to pry open the first few things open. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I didn't see any. If there are some, they're inside the car somewhere. I completely rewired my stereo so I didn't worry about it.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Hey when you changed out your factory speakers in your doors, were there factory crossovers?
I've dug through a bunch of wiring and never saw any. When I replaced my door speakers with alpine components it came with crossovers so I just used those.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now that I think of it, the speakers have filters built into them.
Ok cool.. I am having issues with my mid range factory speakers but when I took my door panels off (thanks to your guide) I got confused by the color coding on the speakers, but I plan on doing the same thing with re-wiring my system to have an amp for all speakers down the road..

·
Registered
42 Posts
How easy is it to pull that wire off that latch? Looking at my door it looked like that silver wire is in there good. That doesn't come out?

I don't wanna mess it up but the dealer wants 103 to put the new one in and it seems way more than it should be.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's quite easy. You should only have to apply a very small amount of force to remove it. If you can't get it off easily, you are doing something wrong.

I don't know what the weather is like where you live this time of year, but I wouldn't be taking your door apart if it's cold out. The chance of breaking something will increase with the cold.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the cable. Doesn't matter I got that done and you were right, insanely easy.

I sorta ran into the same issue a poster earlier in this thread did about getting the door back on right. Not that I didn't know what I was doing but the last clip wouldn't stay in. Keeps popping out. Don't think I can do much about it and I'm no willing to break another door panel trying to get it on correctly. I'm happy with how it looks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts