Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ran into issues with their front door speakers not working.
I bought my G6 back in July of last year, mine didn't work then. So naturally I thought they were junk.
Just had them replaced, they work great, or used to work great..
Now I don't know if this has anything to do with why they aren't working, but it has been that kind of gloomy rainy weather the past few days..
And prior to that it has been sunny clear sky's..
If anyone has an insight on this problem I would greatly appreciate it, and does it quit if I replace the factory unit with an after market.
My factory is, NONE monsoon, and it doesn't have XM..

·
Registered
37 Posts
This post probably won't help you, but I replaced my front speakers today. When I got to the driver's side it wasn't working at all. I had the radio on the whole time I did both speakers. Passenger side worked fine and then I swapped out and plugged in the new one. Still worked fine. Driver's side did not work at all until I replaced it. I'm assuming it was just blown? I had no idea it wasn't working until today. Must have went out recently, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am having the same problems although with all speakers in my car, they all work intermitantly, i tested the connectors with a multi meter and the signal makes it every connector

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
I am having the same problems although with all speakers in my car, they all work intermitantly, i tested the connectors with a multi meter and the signal makes it every connector
I have had one of the front speakers in our G6 behave intermittently. The other one went out altogether. Apparently, these front speakers are known for failing this way. I recently replaced the fronts with aftermarket speakers. Crutchfield supplied free adapters, often necessary for the fronts (depending on which setup Pontiac was using that day).

If you replace the fronts, you might save the old speakers if they have the integral speaker mounts. They can be hacked into replacement adapters which fit a bit better than the aftermarket ones.

Haven't had any problems with the rears, thus far, knock wood!

Doug

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi oneandonly,

Are you still experiencing the issue with all four of your speakers? I understand that you are trying to resolve this issue yourself. If you find that you cannot, I am more than happy to look into this issue for you. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi oneandonly,

Are you still experiencing the issue with all four of your speakers? I understand that you are trying to resolve this issue yourself. If you find that you cannot, I am more than happy to look into this issue for you. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
Hi Jennifer,

Yeah i will have my speakers replaced myself unless you are going to tell me that GM agrees to cover them given that it seems to be a huge problem with most GM Vehicles. I've personally owned 4 GM vehicles and all 4 have had this same speaker problem.

My G6 is out of the 3 year 60 000 km waranty so unless you guys are willing to give me a goodwill and have all 4 replaced at the closet GM dealership i guess there wont be much you can do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know I am coming late to this thread, but I replaced my speakers with JVC. Got a good set from Canadian Tire. I wouldn't pay for GM parts for a "generic" item such as this. I feel that the speakers that came with the G6 were sub-standard at best, or it is poor vehicle design. If you read other sites on this, there is a recurring issue with water leakage, or just poor quality speakers. In my case, I didn't see corrosion, so I guess it is poor quality, especially since my car is six years old, and the first speaker crapped out around year 4. I never had this issue with any other vehicle I have owned. GM needs to get their act together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here, both front speakers don't work. I noticed they went out at the same time. Chances of them breaking at the same time is a little weird. Is there anything I can do from the radio control panel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Intermittent Front Speakers

Too much of a coincidence, but if you have a speaker that you can connect wires to (such as stereo speakers), you can do an inexpensive check connecting it to the speaker wires in the door to see if they are in fact working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts