Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 2007 G6 GT Coupe and i went to the shop to try to get an alignment done since my car is pulling to the right. They told me i needed new lower control arms in order to do the alignment. The price is around $800-$1000 which is crazy i was wondering if i would be a lot cheaper if i just did it myself is it really hard?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We recently had the same thing happen to our 2006 G6. The dealership quoted us $3500 to replace a arms, struts & brakes. My husband found this assembly on amazon: 12 Piece Kit Strut Coil Spring Tie Rod Sway Bar Control Arm Ball Joint LH RH Set...for $290.

He also ordered brakes: (5 Lug Only) Approved Performance G22456 - [Front & Rear Kit] Performance Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads....for $160.

And wheel bearing & hub assemblies: Sixity Front Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly 2005-2010 Pontiac G6 Pair Left Right Driver Passenger Side.....for $65.

He did all the work himself & then we took it to the shop to have an alignment done. All together with parts, taxes, alignment etc, I think we ended up spending about $800 total to do it ourselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts