Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pushing Overload
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Folks,

I've just added a new sub and amp to the car. I've got the monsoon system that sounded good but I wanted great. Anyway, I have a JLAudio 12w7 sub and the amp is a JLAudio 1000/1v2. The bass is unbelievable. Now, my problem seems to be I have to turn the sub way down because the other speakers aren't strong enough. The front speakers I'm looking at are Infiniti's. Has anyone tried this? I have no problem putting them in the doors but does anyone know how they'll sound with the monsoon amp? Will it be good enough or will I need to go with another amp? If you've ever heard this sub I've got with good power behind it then you know what my problem is. lol

Thanks!

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
My guess is you will most likely need another amp. In my car i have 2 10" kenwoods powered by and am and then 4 infinity speakers powered by an amp. I know that once i pass volume level 15, the bass doesn't get much load but the speakers do. So i think if my speakers with an amp are still overpowered by my subs that you will need at least that.

maybe not tho.. idk.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Yes, If you get higher wattage speakers or 2-3 way speakers, I'm sure the factory amp can't handle that. People on here have been having problems with the bass on the factory amp going out because they cranked the factory speakers to loud.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts