Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2009 g6 sedan, my front two speakers are not working but the tweeters right above them do work, the speakers in the back behind the back seats work as well. I googled it and I’ve gotten several results telling me it’s the head unit that needs replaced. Can anyone give me a clear reason as to why they wouldn’t be working?
P.S. I do not have the monsoon sound system.

· Registered
274 Posts
If your stock radio is functional, I would not go through the expense to replace it. In my case, the stock unit was not working and needed a dealership tool to reset it. That cost like $100 to have done. That pissed me off so I just replaced it. I don't care about the DIC stuff. I don't need to be told when to change my oil. Any 6 1/2" car speakers will do. What I did was to get 6 1/2" component speakers ( seperate little tweeters included) and installed just the speakers because I still had the factory tweeters. You will get a somewhat better sound with the 6 1/2" speaker not trying to also do the tweeter's job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.