Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the chrome grill pieces but don't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money for them. What do you guys think about getting like a silver chrome looking spray paint and use it on the two metal grill pieces. I think it would look pretty nice but I kind of want to get an opinion from others?

· Registered
47 Posts
I like the look of the chrome grill pieces but don't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money for them. What do you guys think about getting like a silver chrome looking spray paint and use it on the two metal grill pieces. I think it would look pretty nice but I kind of want to get an opinion from others?
haha hey i was thinking the same thing! i dont think it will look that bad unless you really screw it up :eek:

· Registered
130 Posts
which part of the grill, the mess/honeycomb part ?
if so u can paint that.

i painted mine purple. looks wicked awesome

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
I removed my grill/honeycomb pieces and painted them white to match the car. looks really cool with the chrome trim around it. going to do the same to the bottom pieces around the fog lights.

· Registered
31 Posts
Yup ill probably paint mine black to match the car and add the chrome.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would look real good. I know there was a thread on here before on how to remove those honeycomb front grill pieces. Anybody able to post that link or help me out with how to remove them...lcplmouw how did u remove the bottome pieces?

· Registered
99 Posts
I removed my grill/honeycomb pieces and painted them white to match the car. looks really cool with the chrome trim around it. going to do the same to the bottom pieces around the fog lights.
what kind of paint did you use i'm thinking about doing that

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
I have not removed the bottom ones yet cause mine are like double sided/ 3m taped in..... i used Dupli color paint and clear to paint the top ones. Really easy to remove, use a small screwdriver and pop off the chrome then do the same for the honeycomb grille. post pics when you get done.

· ` Colleen =)
123 Posts
I have not removed the bottom ones yet cause mine are like double sided/ 3m taped in..... i used Dupli color paint and clear to paint the top ones. Really easy to remove, use a small screwdriver and pop off the chrome then do the same for the honeycomb grille. post pics when you get done.
Mine is too!! Thats so terrible that GM TAPED the lower grille in! Thats whats holding me up from getting my lower grille in! My dad tried and couldnt get it out! (haha, daddy puts my grilles on for me :) ) Anyway, if anyone can figure out how to get the lower grille out, can you pretty please let me know?? Im DYING to get my new grille on so my car will no longer look ghetto with only the top gunmetal grilles! haha.

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
I bought those grilles for my car and returned them. Did not really like the diamond cutout design. Like the honeycomb look better.

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts

Just got mine painted and love the look.

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts
ya looks tight

· Registered
130 Posts
i know the 3m tape is a pain in the arse.
my bf did mine.

use masking tape to avoid scratching ur paint around ur grilles
use a screwdriver to pry up the old grille a little bit, carefully, leave the screwdriver in as a spacer, then using a long razor knife cut the 3m tape all the way around, top, bottom, and sides.
then once it's cut it should come out pretty easy.

he suggest putting it on ramps or a lift to get it higher so that it's easier to work on.

before:

hope that helps you some
:)

after:

· Michigan G6er
217 Posts
the top chrome outlines come off really easy. just use a small screwdriver and pop them out. the bottom chrome one i don't know i don't have them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.