Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently replaced both of my cats about 3months ago.about a month ago, my check engine light started coming on and off again. And everytime I try to start my car I seem to have a hard time getting to start. Also once it actually starts it starts smelling alot like fuel, and my gas milage is becoming worse.. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on ? Im going to try to get a diagnosed but I want to have an idea of what might be wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
First thing to do always is check it for codes. A basic code reader can be had for 20 bucks now (highly recommended purchase) or go to Autozone & they'll read them for free. Write them down & report them back here. Don't rely on an Autozone clerk's advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a 2006 g6 3500 V6. But just by turning it on he said it smelled like I was running rich. And that he believes it might be some oxygen sensors that are going off, which is causing it to refuse to start. so I decided to buy my own code reader, and it just gave me a P0128 , cooling thermostat. And if that is the case is that why it smells so much like fuel? I'm hoping it's not super expensive to fix...

·
4,060 Posts
with that code sounds like you need to change your thermostat, which isnt expensive, but Im sure its not related to your starting issue. It sounds like you got the 'ol throttle body problem. Search this forum about cleaning your throttle body, it's been done in the past and has taken care of the problem your having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts