Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do our cars have a fuel filter? The dealer told me its located inside the fuel tank and doesn't need to be replaced. I thought that was strange, so what happens when the filter is full?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's crazy...about how much does it cost? I usually change my filter every 15-20k miles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll ask the dealer tomorrow...I have to bring it in to replace the intermediate steering shaft. I guess I'm going to have to use fuel system cleaner every oil change if changing the filter costs that much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to the dealer there no filter...but there is something in the fuel tank that strains the fuel and doesn't need to be replaced. Another thing I learned is that there is no PCV valve in our cars. Contaminants have to get trapped some where...I hope its not in the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man why would GM not put a fuel filter on this car? No wonder they are having so much trouble. All the crap in the fuel that we get and they don't put a fuel filter on it!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
naw,, the fuel pump puts out way more than enough pressure, There is a fuel pressure regulator on the motor that limits to a certain pressure for the injectors.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would love to know more about the "filter" and if anyone plans on changing it anytime? Is this something one should be overly concerned about? I'm already taking it in @ 100k for tranmission flush/filter change and I really don't want to think about anything else $$$ :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts