Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel gauge is reading inaccurate when I fill the tank and when it is empty. When I fill the tank the fuel gauge reads 3/4 and it is empty at 1/4. We were driving and the car told us we still had 98 miles left before the fuel ran out, but apparently we were on empty because the car died and we had to get a tow truck to bring us some fuel so that we could drive to the nearest gas station. why is it all reading inaccurate? we also have a message telling us to check our gas cap, but the gas cap is fine. would the two be linked? because of the gas cap light the check engine light is also on. very annoying. anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
295 Posts
KingKhan,

I’m sorry you are experiencing these issues with your vehicle. The fuel gauge issue could be a sensor issue. The gas cap may not be closed all the way or it may be related to a seal issue. These are just suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend you consult with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to provide additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts