Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters 07 gt keeps blowing the interior lamp fuse, tonight I took out the fuse and checked for short on the lamp side. nothing. When I put the fuse back in, it is not making a good connection. The tabs need to be bent back closer together. My question is, can, and how do I remove the control module that the fuse block is attached to? I am nervous to "just remove it", because there are airbag wires going into the module. If I do remove the module, do I have to take it to the dealer afterwards to do a relearn on anything? Am I being over cautious? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it was a pinched/grounded wire in the dome light circuit above the headliner. We took it to the dealer, they honored the warranty, and found the wire pinched. The warranty thing was that it was in for the same problem within 12 months after being brought in the first time after the 36000 mile warranty ended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dropped the headliner today and found something rather surprising...

this was the ground wire (im assuming) for the dome light. When I pulled the liner down I noticed a bare wire that was only *lightly* wrapped in electrical tape. I would guess the short could have happen with this wire touching ground and causing the ground to act funny. I pulled the wire away from the headliner, changed the fuse and tested the light and all is well. I was so pissed to see made in china sticker falling off the back of everything. Oh well such is american goods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we are looking for a new car right now for my wife, so this past saturday we test drove a Mustang V6 and the Camaro V6. I currently own 4 GM products, and will by the Mustang over the Camaro. I cannot believe the poor quality of material used in new GM cars.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.