Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New guy here from Iowa. My wife is interested in a G6, (4 door) looking at 08's and newer. Just wondering, what are the differences between the base sedan and GT and GTw/1SA? All the ones we are looking at have the 3.5L engine. We have a 04 Sunfire right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome! I'm going through the same thing evaluating convertibles right now, so I hear you. You can certainly find out a lot on this forum, but you can do a lot online too.

I'd say start by checking out the comparison tools at sites like cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/go/compare/index.jsp?aff=national (Autotrader and Yahoo have somewhat similar tools.)

You can compare different years of the same model as well as different models.

Google up everything you can find about the model. Look at ebay motors, carmax.com, autotrader, etc., even if you don't plan to buy online--you can learn a lot from the listings.

Let us know what you buy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing more research but still need help. So a GT has the V-6, but one could have ordered a V-6 in the base sedan right? So, what do you get with the GT besides the bigger engine?

Also, was the electric power steering a base sedan thing? The GT got hydraulic steering right? Thanks.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
The main differences are the looks. Of course you have a sportier looking car if you have the GT but IMO its really about what you want, not what I think.
In my opinion, if you get the base you'll wish you bought the GT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts