Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the G6 2005 stock radio play DVD-Audio? What formats will it play?

I need to load some new music for the car but don't have any CDR to burn CDDA format, only DVDr and I've never burned DVD-Audio discs before?

Please clue me in. Thanks

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Will the G6 2005 stock radio play DVD-Audio? What formats will it play?

I need to load some new music for the car but don't have any CDR to burn CDDA format, only DVDr and I've never burned DVD-Audio discs before?

Please clue me in. Thanks
Don't think it'll play DVD audio. I've never heard of such a thing. I know it has a bigger storage theoretically than CDs, but I don't think it works quite the way you are thinking it works.

Go buy 100 spindle of CD-Rs you can get them for like $10.

There are some people that have had problems with playing .mp3 CDs but I haven't had any problems. Then again I haven't tried for a long time, I have XM.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Non-monsoon systems dont play .mp3 or dvd audio you will need to make a disc that is playable on a regular cd player:D

I cant speak for the monsoon dont have it.

Hows the xm Reception?
I just installed a player with HD radio and it sounds pretty good still a lot of dynamic range Sometimes the satellite sounds condensed. But thats why reception question half the time you cant get HD

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Hows the xm Reception?
I just installed a player with HD radio and it sounds pretty good still a lot of dynamic range Sometimes the satellite sounds condensed. But thats why reception question half the time you cant get HD

It seems like alot of channels are a bit condensed. But you can get it anywhere in the US. But otherwise the sound quality isn't all that bad. Maybe it's just my radio. It's abour 2-3 years old so maybe the newer ones have better sound. It's separate from the car (so I can take it in the office).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts