Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2007 G6 GT Convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am convinced there is no company out there that makes aftermarket tail lights for my G6 Convertible!

I own a 2007 G6 GT Convertible, 3.9L Engine. I have been looking for aftermarket tail lights for my car for about a year now and have not been able to find them anywhere. I have only been able to find 2 door coupe lights, which I am told they do not fit the 2 door convertible? Does anyone know it they exist anywhere? I am am exhausted of looking... Also what is the difference between the coupe and the convertible tail light! Much appreciate to anyone who can shed some light...

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Yeah they look virtually the same from the outside but have an entirely different shape on the inside because of the roof fitting clearance or whatevs. Sorry I'm in your boat as well

·
Registered
392 Posts
You could always just tint your stock tails.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Give them a classy light tint with night shade ;)

·
2007 G6 GT Convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a cool idea guys... I have finally given up on the notion of adding after market led tail lights. I bought led halo's for the front head lights, just wanted something to compliment the back as well. For a while I was looking at BLACK HOUSING CLEAR LENS ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS, but same issue as the led. Don't carry for 2 dr Convertible. Any suggestions on where to buy good tint for tail lights. Less work would be ideal.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Phone some local auto shops. here in canada there is canadian tire, walmart and even smaller ones like nappa would have it. vhs night shade...i think its called. used it myself, 1st time spray painting anything. turned out well. did my brothers canyon tails, and my alteza tails

·
Registered
190 Posts
Phone some local auto shops. here in canada there is canadian tire, walmart and even smaller ones like nappa would have it. vhs night shade...i think its called. used it myself, 1st time spray painting anything. turned out well. did my brothers canyon tails, and my alteza tails
You were one letter off, it's "VHT" ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought LED tail lights for my SRT years back. There was an adapter you plugged into the socket once you remove the bulb, then plug the other end into the LEDs. Then, of course, they supplied a specific LED tail light housing, but you'd think there'd be someone who would be able to sell this adapter and simply plug a massing of LEDs into it. Thus, LED tails....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts