Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else noticed that Pontiac has removed the G6 Convertible from their website??? Should we be hearing the annoucement soon? I really hope that is not the case.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'll be disappointed in GM (yet again) if that's the case.

I don't personally like the G6 as a convertable, but the hard top is a cool concept. I doubt it's been scrapped though, as they've been working on it for awhile.

I'm sure they'll bring back the "Fueling Zone" for upcoming vehicles shortly with that on it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
They removed the information so the consumers were not confused about any old information still listed on the site. The new information will be up there when they start to ship the vehicles along with the correct options/features and any other information that has changed between the first annoucement and production. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well the convertible seems to be back on the website, and it looks like the GTP model lost some hp, how I don't know. If you look in the performance section of the hardtop, it says "GTP powered by an all new 227hp HO V6". Could that be a loss due to the extra weight?

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
The convertible definitely looks nice with the top down; I think GM does a real nice job of that (read: 9-3, XLR, Corvette, now G6), although I'm still not entirely sold on the looks with the top up. Maybe it's just because I'm used to my coupe, but with the convertiable, the lines to the rear just aren't near as smooth as the coupes. Granted, it would be near impossible to be as smooth.

I think it will sell well in it's segment though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts