Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i m having a G6 3.5 Coupe . Recently i left my car lights on and the whole battery drains out, when i jump start the car next day my car's driver side door glass is not closing itself . as shown in picture. If any one know how to fix this i will be very thankful.
Andy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Its called window indexing and it has to be reset. I don't know the procedure since I have a sedan. But its listed somewhere. Just search for window indexing procedure. I think its a matter of rolling the windows all the way down. Hold the switch. Roll em up and do it again.
It actually may be listed in your owners manual.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you ever disconnect your battery or lose power for some other reason, you'll notice that the windows will not index properly. This is because they need to re-learn their positions.

This procedure is in your owners manual, but it's late and I couldn't find mine for a while and I searched here, etc blah blah... finally found the manual so here you go.

- Get in your car and turn the key to ON (you don't need to start the car).
- Put all windows all the way up (they each need to be done individually)
- Start with the drivers window, hold the button up for two seconds, release, hold it up for another two seconds.
- Then put the window all the way down, release, then hold down for two seconds.
- Repeat this step for the passenger side window.

Coupe owners, you're done.

If you have a convertible, you'll need to do this for the rear side windows as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys it works . and it was easy . i was earlier planning to open the side panel ,thinking some sensor has stopped working. But its very easy.
Again thanks frnds..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts