Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently buy a 2006 G6 COUPE GTP. I SAW THAT THE CAR IS A LITTLE BIT HIGH AND MOST IN THE REAR WHEELS. THIS CAR COMES WITH SPORT TUNED SUSPENSION BUT I WANT SOMETHING TO LOWER THE CAR JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE.

I READ SOMETHING ABOUT EIBACH PRO-KIT BUT I WANT A KNOW IF SOMEONE HERE USED THAT AND A PICTURE WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you planning on keeping the stock rims? I believe the Eibach kit drops the rear 1.2 or 1.3. I'm not sure there's enough room in the wheel well to do that without rolling the fender, or going with a smaller wheel. I agree, it does sit a little too high for my taste too. Maybe some side skirts would help make it appear lower? Razzi has a nice looking ground effects kit.

By the way, turn your caps lock off. It's difficult to read and some take it as you're yelling. Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Weller said:
Are you planning on keeping the stock rims? I believe the Eibach kit drops the rear 1.2 or 1.3. I'm not sure there's enough room in the wheel well to do that without rolling the fender, or going with a smaller wheel. I agree, it does sit a little too high for my taste too. Maybe some side skirts would help make it appear lower? Razzi has a nice looking ground effects kit.

By the way, turn your caps lock off. It's difficult to read and some take it as you're yelling. Welcome to the board!
i think there is plenty room for that drop...not sure about the GTP though, on the GT there is. Wonder if anyone has purchased springs yet...
jeff

·
Banned
44 Posts
I'm unaware that springs are out for this vehicle just yet. Well the GTP anyway. However I'd be very hard pressed to believe there are at this point.

·
Registered
169 Posts
spoolinturbo said:
i think there is plenty room for that drop.
jeff
Visiting the dealer for a closer look, I'm inclined to agree.

Don't think there are any springs available yet, unless GM did something stupid like reuse the GT springs on the GTP. :bash:

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
H & R will have their lowering springs out in March. The drop is 1.5" /front - 1.3" / rear. You can go with a 1.5" drop without issues. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I just measured the rear wheel gap and there's just under 2 inches from the tire to the edge of the fender. I wouldn't feel comfortable with only a half inch of clearance. Better watch out for pot holes.
You all did see G6_Coupe_PR was asking about the GTP, which comes with 18's right? That won't matter if the OD are the same on the 17s and 18s? I don't know if they are or not?

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Weller said:
Well, I just measured the rear wheel gap and there's just under 2 inches from the tire to the edge of the fender. I wouldn't feel comfortable with only a half inch of clearance. Better watch out for pot holes.
You all did see G6_Coupe_PR was asking about the GTP, which comes with 18's right? That won't matter if the OD are the same on the 17s and 18s? I don't know if they are or not?
The OD should be very close. Potholes will not be a problem, unless you go for tires with 'rubberband width' sidewalls. I trust H&R springs, because I had them on my GA GT and never had any issues.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I'd think the drop in the rear would be more than in the front, since it's already way high up.

Mike
H&R builds springs with a lower front drop to maintain the 'Rake angle' of the car. This was told to me by one of the top guys at the company.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would love to see some pics of a lowered G6.

P.S. Is the 2 fingers between the tire and fender just a ricer thing or is that a good rule of thumb as to how low you can go?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts