Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
You guys have no idea what you are talking about. Sedan has 6 physical speakers- 2 in each front door, and the two DUAL COIL 6x9's in the rear. There are no speakers in the rear doors, nor can you separate the coils in either of the rear speakers. There are 4 wires running to each rear speaker in the rear, 2 feed the midrange coil, the other 2 feed the "subwoofer" there is no real subwoofer included with the monsoon system. The coupe is exactly the same but with 2 extra speakers upfront, total of 8.
Actually, the sedan has 8 physical speakers - not 6. The rears are not dual coils - they are 4 separate speakers. There are 2-6x9's and 2-2" tweeters mounted above the 6x9's. The second set of wires run above the 6x9's on a small "catwalk" to feed the tweeters.

The 2 attached photos show the assembled and disassembled Monsoon rear speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
^ I stand corrected. Other Monsoon systems I have seen have dual coil 6X9's (Grand Am and Sunfire).
I'm guessing one of two things happened:

1) GM made some voluntary improvements :rolleyes:

or

2) Somebody pulled the B.S. alarm after tearing into their dual coil "8 speaker" Monsoon system.

Bets anybody?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.