Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
miscreant said:
The sedan's monsoon system has two speakers in each door, a 6x9 subwoofer in the rear on both sidea, and a smaller midrange mounted over the 6x9 sub, for a total of 8 speakers receiving individual signals from the amp (the rear 6x9 combo looks like a coaxial, but both speakers are independently amp'd).

The Coupe however has 3 speaker in each door, but the same rear combo speaker setup in the rear, for a total of 10 speakers.

Just FYI.
ok, maybe my 3rd grade edgamakation is failing me, but if a 'sedan' has two speakers in each door, and everybody knows 'sedans' have FOUR doors, does that not total EIGHT just in the doors? (2 x 4 = 8?) add to that the 2 6x9's and the 2 'midrange' and that totals TWELVE!!! (8 + 2 + 2 = 12?) this is based, of course, on the facts you presented as i have not investigated this myself.

just off the top of my head i am counting only 8 in the sedan like this; 2 speakers in each of the FRONT DOORS (4), 1 in each of the REAR DOORS (2) and the 2 6x9's on the package shelf behind the rear seat (2) for a total of EIGHT (4 + 2 + 2 = 8) my guess, and mind you its only a guess as i have not even sat in a coupe yet, but it would be the same layout except since there are no rear doors you would have 1 speaker mounted inside each quarter panel trim in which case it would still total eight.

i'm sure if GM could have advertised it as a "10 Speaker Monsoon" legally, they would have done so.

· Registered
422 Posts
i admit to NOTHING, as i included the disclaimer that i was working with the original info posted as to how many speakers and where.....i have actually never been in the back seat of my Sedan. i was merely taking this persons word that there were speakers in teh rear doors. had there been, i would have been correct.

however, since i was 'mis-informed', i was statemenet was incorrect and i therefore issue an appology for my reply and actions. i will, in no way, post another reply without checking the sources 'facts' first. :bash:

by the way, i AM a parts man and have never made a mistake in my life......YEA, RIGHT!!! none, of course, that i would admit to!! :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.