Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually I am pretty sure the coupe only has 2 in each front door as well. The speaker housing in front door has "provisions" for 2 speakers but only 1 is used. Tweeter in sharkfin patch is the 2nd speaker in each front door - just like the sedan.

The housing is there because speaker arrangement is different on convertible since there aren't any rear shelf speakers on that model.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes I know what the speaker grills look like but that is because the same grill and speaker housing is used on the coupe and convertible. You will find on the coupe that the middle grill doesn't have a speaker behind it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I watched them being built and am very familiar with wiring of vehicle. I double-checked my info by looking at drawings of the speaker assembly before posting on this subject as well.

You are correct that the convertible has rear speakers in the rear seat side panels but those are only mid-range speakers. The sub-woofers are in the front doors taking over the lower grill while the mid-range is using the smaller middle-grill.

I am curious what GM schematic are you looking at? Is it the actual GM Service Manual or something else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.