Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A former co=worker of mine told me that they GM is considering bringing back the G6 Coupe as the 2011 Chevy Corsica. I looked online and I can't seem to find anything in regards to it.
I used to work with him for an auto supplier, that makes parts for the GMX380/381 program which is the Malibu and the G6 so he might have a bit more insight to that than I would as a former employee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh I know. It sucks cause I prefered Pontiac over Chevy. And I would have loved for that photoshopped concept of the TransAm to come out.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
I would LOVE them to rename the 6 coupe to ANYTHING. toss in 3.6L s/c with rwd and your competing with ****ing EVERYTHING mustang, genesis and so on

·
Registered
278 Posts
that's funny, just last night i was sitting at a stop light and i thought to myself.....this car sounds very simular to my beretta. i don't know about bring the 2 door back as the corsica, but i could see the beretta.

Dav3- i went from a CTS to my G6, my 07 GTP has the 3.6 that was used in the CTS's and i have to agree, make it rear wheel drive. Before my CTS was totalled i wouldn't back down from anyone, my G6....it's just not the same performance, plus i think i'm still gettting used to FWD again

·
Registered
278 Posts
i agree with you, but it has a slightly simular exhaust note, granted very slightly. But no matter what, GM better not bring out a 2 door G6 and call it a corsica

·
Registered
13 Posts
i agree with you, but it has a slightly simular exhaust note, granted very slightly. But no matter what, GM better not bring out a 2 door G6 and call it a corsica
Yeah Corsica's were always the butt of ridicule, and for good reason... if they come out with a sporty 2 door on the G6 platform, it better be a Beretta. At least those had some potential...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah Corsica's were always the butt of ridicule, and for good reason... if they come out with a sporty 2 door on the G6 platform, it better be a Beretta. At least those had some potential...
my beretta was the quad 4, it was a fun car, but man.......lots of issues. if GM decides to name it Lumina, i think i would puke even if they put the Z34 on it

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would LOVE them to rename the 6 coupe to ANYTHING. toss in 3.6L s/c with rwd and your competing with ****ing EVERYTHING mustang, genesis and so on
Why would Chevy put a car out to compete with itself? They already have the 3.6 in the Camaro putting down over 300 ponies. Their current structure for performance is fine. Vette, Camaro, Cruze (Z-Spec/SS). If they have a niche to fill in any performance segment then it's the compact one. Cruze is selling like hotcakes and they are bouncing around ideas for the performance trim. Make it faster around the track than the Cobalt SS and they'll have a winning car. I think the only way for GM to bring out more performance oriented cars is to revive Pontiac.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was talking to a guy today, who works for Chevy, he said that the G6 and the G8 are being brought back as Chevys but under a different name. Apparently he read a email circulating around all Chevy dealerships saying that it's going to be a rear-wheel drive, with almost all of the same specs as the Australian car "Holden" specs, but under the Chevy brand name and different model name. It's being kept a secret because they want to make a big deal about it when it's released either this fall or next year. I can't wait to see how it looks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think the G6 will come back as a Chevy. At least not after they just redesigned the 2013 Malibu. If the G6 came back, that would make 2 cars fighting in the same class under the Chevy umbrella.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts