Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice regarding my 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe. It has the 3.5L V6 with the 4 speed auto and has 25,000 miles on it. I have been trying to chase down a vibration and clunking noise since last summer. The clunking noise seems to be coming from an area in front/below of the steering wheel. Seems like that is likely the intermediate steering shaft (from what I have read here). I also have a vibration consistently at 50mph on up. This can sometimes also be accompanied by the clunking noise in time with the vibration. I bought new tires in august (Bridgestone Potenzas) and the vibration stayed. I was told I had a bent rim, so I replaced it and still had the vibration. Took it to a GM dealer where they told me the front struts were leaking (I confirmed that they were) and that the strut mounts were bad (they would not acknowledge that there are known problems with the steering in this car). I had the struts and mounts replaced and still had the vibration. After having the tires balanced six times and suspension/steering checks, they agreed to replace them. Unfortunately, I still have the vibration with the new tires and I am at a loss as for what to do next. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the car jacked up and found that the front sway bar bushings were pretty banged up. Replaced them with the performance parts and it has fixed nothing. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts