Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT hard top convertible that we bought new in 2008. It has the 3.9 L engne. We have loved the car. Recently the top stuck a couple times when we tried to lower it. It went straight up, the trunk opened but the top would not continue to go into the trunk. It would come back up and lock down and show top move complete. We took it to local GM dealer. They said they tried it about ten times and it only stuck once. They could not find any thing wrong. So they lubricated all the moving parts. It then worked three or four times and then the last 3 times we tried it stuck. Can any one give any info or pointers as to what is wrong?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The only thing that comes to my mind is to record the temperatures in days it works and days that it does not. If you can establish some kind of pattern, then you might have a lead of some sort. Then go back and read a post of mine about the wire that loses contact as the insulating material around it expands and contracts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I have a 2007 Pontiac g6 gt convertible and the top has never worked I've had it a year and it's always said something about a chip being needed can someone please answer what the problem is please and thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts